Advantages of Hard Liquid Capsules vs. Soft-gels, Capsules and Tablets.
- Differentiated and highly perceived value by consumers.
- Proprietary body and cap banding sealing process forms a leak-proof capsule.
- Available in Vegan, Fish and Bovine gelatin capsules.
- Band provides “tamper evidence” which cannot be opened without visible damage.
- High protection of moisture or oxygen-sensitive actives.
- Hard Liquid Capsule formulas are designed for rapid release.
- Hard Liquid Capsules are a more practical and affordable solution than soft-gels.
- Liquid-filled hard capsules have a shorter manufacturing time.
- There are better branding options with Hard Liquid Capsules, with a number of customizations including logo, size, and color.
- Moisture-sensitive materials – HPMC Hard Liquid Capsules have much lower water content than gelatin, are ideal for fills that have a high hygroscopicity.
- Oxidation-sensitive materials – Softgels are made with plasticizers, which create channels that make them more susceptible to moisture transmission that can oxidize active ingredients compared to Hard Liquid Capsules.
- High melting point ingredients – While fills that melt at above 35° C are not candidates for softgels, our Hard Liquid Liquid capsules can be filled at up to 80° C.
- Fiberous and large particle ingredients formulations can cause soft-gels to leak but do not pose any problems for Hard Liquid Capsules.
- Reduce Bad Odor Ingredients – Because they have smaller channels than softgels, 2-piece hard capsules better mask unpleasant tastes and odors.